Meet Our TrainersMeet The Team
Click above to view the whole AMTD team, including our First Aid Course trainers, Manual Handling Trainers, Education & Assessing, Fire Safety Trainers, Care Sector Trainers and Safeguarding trainers.
If you want to learn more about our trainers or courses, call AMTD on 07915 609 788 Or use the chat widget to get the quickest response.
3 Day, Level 3 FAW Course overview:
Here are some details of the 3 day, level 3 First Aid at Work course – also referred to as a Level 3 FAW Course – structure and content:
- preventing cross-infection
- recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assessing the situation in order to act effectively in an emergency
- first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- first aid to a casualty who is:
- wounded and bleeding
- suffering from shock
- first aid for minor injuries.
- administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
- recognising major illnesses and providing appropriate first aid.
Level 3 First Aid at Work course benefits:
On our FAW Course, you will learn the first aid skills and gain the knowledge required by workplace first aiders to save lives.
- Course skills are transferable from the workplace. This means that although the qualification is related to the workplace you have the skills and can transfer them to your family and social life.
- Our FAW courses are completely face-to-face training.
- The AMTD Training Centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn with excellent facilities.
- Our trainers are experienced trainers and will provide the support you need to be successful
- Our courses are fully accredited which means they are quality checked by The Awarding Organisation and all assessments are standardised and reliable.
- All our learners receive a full-colour first aid manual to take away and use as a resource. A keyring with a face shield and certificate.
- We provide all your refreshments throughout the day.
How is the course assessed?
This First Aid At Work Training Course is a classroom course with around 20 contact hours over 3 days. You will learn a variety of practical skills and our Trainers will observe you during your practice sessions to ensure you meet the required standard. They will give you lots of feedback and guide and support you to be successful.
At the end of the 3 days you will take a multiple-choice exam so will need a reasonable understanding of written English. We can support people who do not have English as their first language, but we need to be aware of this requirement in advance so that we can inform the Awarding Organisation that we will be putting some special arrangements in place.
- more info on these courses -
- All our courses are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers experienced in teaching and training and therefore the quality of our training is second to none! Our new training centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn. We have all the equipment required and then some!
- 1 Day EFAW = 6 Hours
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid= 12 Hours
- 3 Day FAW = The First aid at Work Qualification is gained in 3 full days of face-to-face contact with our Trainer. If you add in 2 x 15-minute breaks am and pm and a half hour lunch this means you will have a 7.5-hour day
- These are accredited courses and therefore there are multiple-choice tests in addition to practical assessments.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and the date is printed on your certificate.
- During this period, you are able to identify yourself as a First Aider when required and may have additional responsibilities in the workplace. If your certificate expires you will not be able to carry out those additional responsibilities or identify yourself as a First Aider until you complete a 2-day Requalification course*.
- See info on Requalification below*
- 1 Day EFAW = Yes, every 3 years you are required to complete the 1- day course again. This will provide an opportunity to refresh your skills and ensure your knowledge remains up to date.
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid = Yes, you will complete the 2 days again giving you the opportunity to refresh your skills and update your essential knowledge.
- 3 Day FAW = No, you do not have to repeat the 3 days again. You need to complete a 2-day requalification course within the expiry date on your certificate. AMTD will contact you before your expiry date to provide some dates of course on which you can complete the 2-day requalification.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
AMTD trained all our teaching assistants and it was excellent! We will only use AMTD for all our First Aid training needs, in terms of cost and quality they are unbeatable!
The tutor was very knowledgeable and she had lots of experience to bring to the course.
Very informative and could ask as many questions as we wanted. Thank you for all the information about specific children and areas that I was concerned about in school.
Alison was excellent, really enjoyed it and learned a lot!