Manual Handling Loads at Work
QNUK Level 2 Award – 1 Day
The Trainers: Alison Meadows & Jack Hallworth
Course content overview:
- Safe principles of manual handling
- Team manual handling
- Common manual handling injuries
- legislation and non-compliance
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments and Musculoskeletal system
- Using a variety of Manual handling equipment.
Manual handling practical sessions:
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Using mechanical equipment.
The benefits of this course:
- You save money by training your own employees and not buying in training.
- Your training is specific to your organisation and to the people you care for.
- New employees are trained quickly.
- Employees returning to work from illnesses can have a 1:1 update to make sure they are safe to work
- Your employees have less musculoskeletal injuries and time off work.
- Your employees feel cared for.
We also map the level 2 Award qualification into our QNUK Level 3 Award Moving and Handling Trainers (Health and Social care). This requires the learner to complete both awards in 3.5 days.
The cost of completing both the QNUK Level 2 Award Manual Handling Loads at Work and the QNUK Level 3 Award Moving and Handling Trainers is an additional £80pp so the total is £575 pp
The cost of this course: £99 per person (no vat)
Group price = £450 for up to 10 people per session delivered at your workplace(conditions apply) or AMTD Training Centre in Blackburn. Contact us to discuss. (Conditions regarding own workplace. You must be within 20 miles of BB1 due to costs of trainer travel and have a suitable room for training in terms of size and equipment).
- more info on Manual Handling courses -
- I only deliver to small groups, max number 4 – 6 ! This means that you will get lots of opportunity to practice your new skills and you will feel confident to discuss any bits of the course you are struggling with! During the programme you will put together your moving and handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete a Micro Teach session. You get all the resources you need for the course, just bring your motivated self! We will feed and water you all day, just let us know of any dietary issues on your booking form.
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- Registered Care managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers.
- This is a practical course so you must be physically fit enough to complete simulated manual handling
- Please tell me if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to do.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Some knowledge/experience of the health and social care sector is required.
- This is a 3 day course , all days 9.30 – 4.30 but on day one please arrive at 9am for admin
- You will be expected to partake fully in all procedures, assessments and individual work activities.
- There is a short multiple-choice exam – 15 questions
- You will complete a Risk assessment
- You will put together and deliver a Micro Teach on day 3
- Your Peers will also assess you ( better make friends with them quick! )
- You will complete a reflective account of your micro-teach session
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training- This is a first level teaching qualification run over 6 weeks through virtual classrooms using Zoom and just 1 face to face assessment day at our training centre- ideal if you wanted to extend the subjects you train eg First Aid either in your workplace or as a self employed Trainer! Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement- This a full assessing qualification delivered over 8 weeks using Zoom and face-to-face assessments in your workplace – ideal for assessing apprentices in the workplace or in College.
- All qualifications should be updated especially a qualification that contains practical skills! We look forward to welcoming you back in three years from the last day of your course to provide you with even more up-to-date information and practice. You will attend day 1 and 2 of the three day programme providing you an opportunity to meet other delegates from a variety of health and social care settings. Don’t worry we will contact you at least 3 months before with a gentle reminder and choice of dates for your peace of mind. Cost £295 pp
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.