UK, Moving and Handling Trainers Course
QNUK Level 3 Award – 3 Day Tain the Trainer
Your Trainer: Alison Meadows
Your team members will be in the hands of our experienced staff, with all the experience needed to ensure they return to you, confident and competent in the course corriculum.
This is the course content for our Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Train-the-Trainer course.
On successful completion of this train-the-trainer course, your staff member will be competent in current handling techniques and able to move and handle people safely in the workplace.
The course includes the following units:
- Unit 1 Principles of safer handling of people
- Unit 2 Applying the principles of safe moving and handling within the health and social care sector
- Unit 3 Delivering Inclusive safer people moving and handling training sessions.
However, we are available to answer any questions you may have about the course content, its delivery and our staff.
If you have any questions about the course content, training materials or its delivery, do not hesitate to get in touch. Call us now on 07915 609 788 or drop us a message on the chat widget and we will get back to you as soon as we are able to.
Here are some of the benefits, knowledge and skills gained on our Moving and Handling Trainers course.
The obvious benefit is that on completion of his course, you will have a trainer within your own organisation. This gives you a number of logistical and cost-saving benefits:
- You save money by training your own employees
- More cost-effective than buying in training.
- Your training is specific to your organisation and to the people you care for.
- New employees are trained quickly.
- Employees returning to work from illnesses can have a 1:1 update to make sure they are safe to work
- Your employees have less musculoskeletal injuries and time off work.
- Your employees feel cared for.
And don’t forget… we’re here to answer your questions, and happy to call you back to discuss how we can help you with your mandatory training requirements.
See also an overview of all our face-to-face and online courses including the Manual Handling Courses.
- more info on Manual Handling courses -
- I only deliver to small groups, max number 4 – 6 ! This means that you will get lots of opportunity to practice your new skills and you will feel confident to discuss any bits of the course you are struggling with! During the programme you will put together your moving and handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete a Micro Teach session. You get all the resources you need for the course, just bring your motivated self! We will feed and water you all day, just let us know of any dietary issues on your booking form.
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- Registered Care managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers.
- This is a practical course so you must be physically fit enough to complete simulated manual handling
- Please tell me if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to do.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Some knowledge/experience of the health and social care sector is required.
- This is a 3 day course , all days 9.30 – 4.30 but on day one please arrive at 9am for admin
- You will be expected to partake fully in all procedures, assessments and individual work activities.
- You need to gain an accredited qualification such as the QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers, then maintain your skills and knowledge to ensure your training is always current and valid. If you feel that you need more knowledge and support as a Trainer then you could look at acquiring the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- There is a short multiple-choice exam – 15 questions
- You will complete a Risk assessment
- You will put together and deliver a Micro Teach on day 3
- Your Peers will also assess you ( better make friends with them quick! )
- You will complete a reflective account of your micro-teach session
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training- This is a first level teaching qualification run over 6 weeks through virtual classrooms using Zoom and just 1 face to face assessment day at our training centre- ideal if you wanted to extend the subjects you train eg First Aid either in your workplace or as a self employed Trainer! Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement- This a full assessing qualification delivered over 8 weeks using Zoom and face-to-face assessments in your workplace – ideal for assessing apprentices in the workplace or in College.
- All qualifications should be updated especially a qualification that contains practical skills! We look forward to welcoming you back in three years from the last day of your course to provide you with even more up-to-date information and practice. You will attend day 1 and 2 of the three day programme providing you an opportunity to meet other delegates from a variety of health and social care settings. Don’t worry we will contact you at least 3 months before with a gentle reminder and choice of dates for your peace of mind. Cost £295 pp
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.