First Aid Courses
See general info. about our first aid courses below.
Use the menu to view individual courses.
Our full list of First Aid courses:
Benefits of our first aid courses:
- You save money by training your own employees and not buying in training.
- Your training is specific to your organisation and to the people you care for.
- New employees are trained quickly.
- Employees returning to work from illnesses can have a 1:1 update to make sure they are safe to work
- Your employees have less musculo-skeletal injuries and time off work.
- Your employees feel cared for.
- more info on our First Aid courses -
- All our first aid courses are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers experienced in teaching and training and therefore the quality of our training is second to none! Our new training centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn. We have all the equipment required and then some!
- 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work = 6 Hours
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid Courses = 12 Hours
- 3 Day FAW, First Aid at Work Courses = The First aid at Work Qualification is gained in 3 full days of face-to-face contact with our Trainer. If you add in 2 x 15-minute breaks am and pm and a half hour lunch this means you will have a 7.5-hour day
- First aid at work or FAW relates to the legal duties of employers in the workplace and what they need to do to keep their employees safe. The First aid Work Regulations 1981 last amended 2013 sit under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The first aid regs stipulate that employers must carry out a needs assessment to look at their requirement for such things as numbers of First aiders, numbers of first aid kits and the content of these kits. The document The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981. Guidance on Regulation provides employers with the information they need to maintain their statutory responsibilities and can be downloaded free from this page First aid at work - The Health and safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (hse.gov.uk)
- These are accredited courses and therefore there are multiple-choice tests in addition to practical assessments.
- Paediatric First Aid training was developed to meet the needs of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. This includes training for a wide variety of injuries and illnesses relevant when caring for young children. ( 0-5)
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and the date is printed on your certificate.
- During this period, you are able to identify yourself as a First Aider when required and may have additional responsibilities in the workplace. If your certificate expires you will not be able to carry out those additional responsibilities or identify yourself as a First Aider until you complete a 2-day Requalification course*.
- See info on Requalification below*
- 1 Day EFAW (Emergency First Aid at Work) = Yes, every 3 years you are required to complete the 1- day course again. This will provide an opportunity to refresh your skills and ensure your knowledge remains up to date.
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid = Yes, you will complete the 2 days again giving you the opportunity to refresh your skills and update your essential knowledge.
- 3 Day FAW (First Aid at Work) = No, you do not have to repeat the 3 days again. You need to complete a 2-day requalification course within the expiry date on your certificate. AMTD will contact you before your expiry date to provide some dates of course on which you can complete the 2-day requalification.
- In England the route to becoming a First Aid Trainer is through completing a recognised training qualification, the minimum requirement is the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, then you must ensure that you have and maintain your status as a first aider through a quality First aid at Work course and 3 yearly updates. In addition you should maintain your own continuous professional development as a First Aid Trainer.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
AMTD trained all our teaching assistants and it was excellent! We will only use AMTD for all our First Aid training needs, in terms of cost and quality they are unbeatable!
The tutor was very knowledgeable and she had lots of experience to bring to the course.
Very informative and could ask as many questions as we wanted. Thank you for all the information about specific children and areas that I was concerned about in school.
Alison was excellent, really enjoyed it and learned a lot!