Safeguarding Children & Young People – Level 2
1 Day Course
The Trainer: Alison Meadows
Judith is a Trainer for Safeguarding Courses
I started working in the early years sector in 1996, and quickly developed a passion for safeguarding children and young people to make an impact on children’s lives. I have worked in management and safeguarding for health and social care and childcare for over 20 years, then due to family circumstances I made the career change and 8 years ago, I developed a training and development consultancy supporting settings with safeguarding and operational planning.
Course content overview:
- Understand how to safeguard and protect children, young people and practitioners in the workplace
- Identify key elements of the law on safeguarding children & young people
- Describe how practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Identify how concerns about children and young people can be reported
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused Assessment Guidance Types of Evidence
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Describe actions to take in response to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk of being abused
- Describe how to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse
- Identify those people who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
More about this course:
The Level 2 Award in safeguarding children and young people is a fully accredited qualification. It provides those working with children and young people the knowledge of how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. This qualification could support a role working with children and young people in a variety of settings.
This is a 1 day face to face course, assessed through a multiple-choice exam.
Learners undertaking this qualification may wish to progress into other safeguarding, or child care related qualifications, including:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social Care (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
What will learners receive?
All learning resources, excellent teaching in small groups, a certificate on completion of the multiple-choice exam, tea, coffee, biscuits throughout the day.
The cost of this course: £90per person (no vat)
Group Cost = £500 for an organisation sending a group of up to 10 learners to our centre for a day training to complete the QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Children and Young People.
- more info on our Safeguarding courses -
- Level 1 and Level 2 courses can be delivered on the same day with level 1 learners completing 3 hours in the morning and level 2 learners completing an additional 3 hours in the afternoon.
Adults The purpose of the Level 1 and 2 Awards for Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social care is for candidates to understand the key principles of safeguarding adults. The qualification is aimed at those working in the health and social care sector and has been mapped against standard 10 of the Care certificate. This qualification prepares Learners for employment within the health and social care setting however can also be undertaken by those already working in the sector as part of continual professional development.
Children and Young People The 3 or 6 hour fully accredited qualifications are delivered face to face you will take a multiple choice exam at the end of the day. You will receive all learning resources, excellent teaching and a certificate . The Level 1 and 2 Awards in safeguarding children and young people are fully accredited qualifications. They provide those working with children and young people the knowledge of how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. This qualification could support a role working with children and young people in a variety of settings.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.