Meet Our First Aid TrainersMeet The Team
Emergency First Aid at Work Courses content:
Our 1 Day (6 hour) Emergency First Aid at Work Courses cover the HSE approved syllabus. Students will be able to understand the role of the first-aider including the following topics:
- preventing cross-infection
- recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assessing the situation in order to act effectively in an emergency
- first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- first aid to a casualty who is:
- wounded and bleeding
- suffering from shock
- first aid for minor injuries.
About the Emergency First Aid at Work Courses:
The Emergency First Aid at Work Courses syllabus is set by the HSE. If you require additions to the syllabus these can be added on to the delivery time. For example, if you have a colleague who is diabetic it would be worthwhile adding this to the course so that the first aiders know how to deal with a diabetic emergency.
This course is the 1 day Level 3 Award In Emergency First Aid at Work course (RQF) and complies with First Aid at Work Regs 1981 and HSE requirements. Accredited by Qualsafe Awards who are regulated by OFQUAL. The EFAW is the required qualification for all close protection, door supervisors and security guards who require an SIA licence (Security Industry Authority)
Accredited by Qualsafe Awards or QNUK who are both Ofqual regulated.
Emergency first aid at work courses cost: £85 per person (no vat)
£600 for a group of up to 10 people at your venue or our training centre*. (Conditions apply see below) Contact us to discuss group bookings.
- more info on First Aid courses -
- All our courses are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers experienced in teaching and training and therefore the quality of our training is second to none! Our new training centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn. We have all the equipment required and then some!
- 1 Day EFAW = 6 Hours
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid= 12 Hours
- 3 Day FAW = The First aid at Work Qualification is gained in 3 full days of face-to-face contact with our Trainer. If you add in 2 x 15-minute breaks am and pm and a half hour lunch this means you will have a 7.5-hour day
- These are accredited courses and therefore there are multiple-choice tests in addition to practical assessments.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and the date is printed on your certificate.
- During this period, you are able to identify yourself as a First Aider when required and may have additional responsibilities in the workplace. If your certificate expires you will not be able to carry out those additional responsibilities or identify yourself as a First Aider until you complete a 2-day Requalification course*.
- See info on Requalification below*
- 1 Day EFAW = Yes, every 3 years you are required to complete the 1- day course again. This will provide an opportunity to refresh your skills and ensure your knowledge remains up to date.
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid = Yes, you will complete the 2 days again giving you the opportunity to refresh your skills and update your essential knowledge.
- 3 Day FAW = No, you do not have to repeat the 3 days again. You need to complete a 2-day requalification course within the expiry date on your certificate. AMTD will contact you before your expiry date to provide some dates of course on which you can complete the 2-day requalification.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
AMTD trained all our teaching assistants and it was excellent! We will only use AMTD for all our First Aid training needs, in terms of cost and quality they are unbeatable!
The tutor was very knowledgeable and she had lots of experience to bring to the course.
Very informative and could ask as many questions as we wanted. Thank you for all the information about specific children and areas that I was concerned about in school.
Alison was excellent, really enjoyed it and learned a lot!