Moving People Safely – (RQF)
QNUK Level 2 – 1 Day
The Trainer: Alison Meadows
Alison Meadows is a First Aid and Moving and Handling Trainer, IQA First Aid and Moving and Handling Courses Having worked for many years as a qualified nurse specialising in Orthopaedics and Spinal Injuries I gained a BA Hons then a PGCE and qualified as a teacher in 2002… [MEET THE TEAM]
- Common manual handling injuries
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Manual handling laws
- Risk assessments & control hierarchy
- Impact to a person if moved incorrectly
- Personal handling plans
- Ways to preserve dignity, health and safety when moving a person
- Manual handling and the musculoskeletal system, including:
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Key movement principles
- Unsafe maneuvers
- Aids and equipment used to move people and objects:
- Types of aids and equipment
- Maintenance & requirements for testing.
About the course:
The QNUK Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of health and social care environments such as care homes.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of safe handling and how to apply these in their workplace. They will also practise a range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course confident in the safe moving and handling of people.
- Solo moving of people and objects
- Team moving of people and objects
- Using aids and equipment.
The cost of this course: £90 per person (no vat)
Group price = £425 Conditions apply. Up to 10 people per session delivered at your workplace or our training centre. Contact us for further details.
- more info on Manual Handling courses -
- I only deliver to small groups, max number 4 – 6 ! This means that you will get lots of opportunity to practice your new skills and you will feel confident to discuss any bits of the course you are struggling with! During the programme you will put together your moving and handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete a Micro Teach session. You get all the resources you need for the course, just bring your motivated self! We will feed and water you all day, just let us know of any dietary issues on your booking form.
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- Registered Care managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers.
- This is a practical course so you must be physically fit enough to complete simulated manual handling
- Please tell me if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to do.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Some knowledge/experience of the health and social care sector is required.
- This is a 3 day course , all days 9.30 – 4.30 but on day one please arrive at 9am for admin
- You will be expected to partake fully in all procedures, assessments and individual work activities.
- There is a short multiple-choice exam – 15 questions
- You will complete a Risk assessment
- You will put together and deliver a Micro Teach on day 3
- Your Peers will also assess you ( better make friends with them quick! )
- You will complete a reflective account of your micro-teach session
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training- This is a first level teaching qualification run over 6 weeks through virtual classrooms using Zoom and just 1 face to face assessment day at our training centre- ideal if you wanted to extend the subjects you train eg First Aid either in your workplace or as a self employed Trainer! Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement- This a full assessing qualification delivered over 8 weeks using Zoom and face-to-face assessments in your workplace – ideal for assessing apprentices in the workplace or in College.
- All qualifications should be updated especially a qualification that contains practical skills! We look forward to welcoming you back in three years from the last day of your course to provide you with even more up-to-date information and practice. You will attend day 1 and 2 of the three day programme providing you an opportunity to meet other delegates from a variety of health and social care settings. Don’t worry we will contact you at least 3 months before with a gentle reminder and choice of dates for your peace of mind. Cost £295 pp
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.