Safeguarding Children & Young People – Level 1
3 Hour Course
The Trainer: Judith Ashton
Judith is a Trainer for Safeguarding Courses
Judith started working in the early years sector in 1996, and quickly developed a passion for safeguarding children and young people… [MEET THE TEAM]
Course content overview:
- Describe what is meant by ‘safeguarding’
- State the difference between safeguarding and child protection
- Identify the legal context of legislation and organisational policy in relation to safeguarding and child protection laws that protect individuals from harm and abuse
- Identify the different types of abuse, including cyberbullying, grooming & child trafficking.
- Identify signs and symptoms of abuse
- Describe how to respond to disclosures and follow the policy & procedures
- Know how to respond to any concerns that you have about a child.
There is no formal assessment for this course, candidates will receive course handouts and certificate.
More about this course:
Safeguarding is a key training requirement for working with children and young people. This course meets the level 1 key training requirements set within the EYFS statutory framework for working with children and young people. This 3-hour course will provide you with an introduction to safeguarding.
This course is delivered by Judith Ashton, an experienced Safeguarding Trainer. For more information about Judith see our team page.
The cost of this course: £300 (no vat) for up to 10 learners
Cost of this course is £300 for a group of up to 10 learners.
- more info on our Safeguarding courses -
- Level 1 and Level 2 courses can be delivered on the same day with level 1 learners completing 3 hours in the morning and level 2 learners completing an additional 3 hours in the afternoon.
Adults The purpose of the Level 1 and 2 Awards for Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social care is for candidates to understand the key principles of safeguarding adults. The qualification is aimed at those working in the health and social care sector and has been mapped against standard 10 of the Care certificate. This qualification prepares Learners for employment within the health and social care setting however can also be undertaken by those already working in the sector as part of continual professional development.
Children and Young People The 3 or 6 hour fully accredited qualifications are delivered face to face you will take a multiple choice exam at the end of the day. You will receive all learning resources, excellent teaching and a certificate . The Level 1 and 2 Awards in safeguarding children and young people are fully accredited qualifications. They provide those working with children and young people the knowledge of how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. This qualification could support a role working with children and young people in a variety of settings.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.