CAVA Qualification – Level 3
Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
Our CAVA Trainer:
Sarah is a Moving and Handling Trainer, CAVA Accredited trainer with a CAVA assessor qualification, IQA Level 3 AET, and Moving and Handling Courses and delivers this Level 3 CAVA Qualification.
I am an experienced, Health and Social care assessor, IQA and EPA fully qualified assessor with experience of delivering short sector-specific qualifications and Moving and Handling training. I have also delivered Access to Higher Education courses.
I have a Diploma in Professional Healthcare Practice, a Cert Ed, and IQA qualifications. I have previous management history within a Residential home and Rehab unit with domiciliary care services. I worked with Alison for several years at Runshaw college and support her quality-driven ethos. I work with AMTD to ensure the quality of the Level 3 AET and QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers (Health and Social Care) programmes.
CAVA Qualification Level 3 Content:
CAVA Qualification –Unit 1 – Understanding the principles and practices of assessment:
- This a theory-based unit and you will complete a set of worksheets to achieve this unit.
CAVA Qualification – Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the work environment:
- This is a practical unit and you will need to:
- Complete 2 assessment plans for 2 learners(4 plans in total) where you have assessed occupational competence
- Provide assessment decisions for the 4 assessments
- Have a workplace observation by your assessor
- Gain a witness statement from your supervisor/College Tutor/ IQA
CAVA Qualification – Unit 3 – Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding.
- This is also a practical unit and you will need to :
- Complete 2 assessment plans for 2 learners (4 in total) assessing skills knowledge and understanding
- Provide assessment decisions for each of the 4 assessments
- Have a workplace observation by your assessor
- Gain a witness statement from Supervisor/ IQA/ College Tutor.
CAVA Qualification Level 3 Delivery:
This CAVA qualification (CAVA assessor course) will be delivered mainly through Zoom. You do not need to download anything as you will be sent the joining instructions so there are no costs to you.
The QNUK Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA Qualification Level 3 certificate) is a 3 unit CAVA qualification aimed at those undertaking, or looking to undertake the role of a CAVA assessor, either assessing work-based learning or vocationally related qualifications or both.
- All learners will receive a group induction in addition to an individual induction
- There are 3 classroom Zoom sessions – 1 for each unit
- You may request as many one-to-one sessions and support sessions as you need – to be arranged between you and your Assessor, Sarah.
- There should be a minimum of 2 workplace assessments. These may be recorded however if the assessor or IQA is not convinced that these recordings meet the required standard please be aware that more may be required. If your workplace is within a 20-mile radius of our center then Sarah may choose to visit in person.
- Your portfolio of evidence will be completed online
- Full support will be provided to support completion in 8 weeks
- You must make sure that you have access to 2 learners that you are able to assess.
- Please ensure that you are committed to completing this qualification and devoting the time to complete the worksheets, attend the virtual classes and organise your assessments.
CAVA Qualification Cost: £450
The cost of this qualification is £450 and we will deliver this in groups of 4.
- more info on our CAVA Qualification courses -
- You need to assess learners against an apprenticeship framework
- Your work is as an assessor
- You have a teaching qualification but now require an assessing qualification .
- 4 x2 hour zoom sessions
- One to one support from your tutor
- Remote or face to face assessments for Units 2 and 3 ( depending on location)
- You have up to 6 weeks to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- 5 x 2-hour virtual classes and 1 Assessment day at AMTD Training Centre Suite 7C Saturn Centre Challenge Way Blackburn BB1 5QB just off Junction 6 M65
- You complete the 3 workbooks at home in your own time.
- The workbooks are clear and easy to understand.
- Sources of support for each criteria
- You can use the textbook we recommend to support your learning
- You will have 5 x 2 hour Zoom sessions with your tutor and other students this is called a virtual classroom.
- You will also have as many one-to-one sessions with your tutor as you need via Zoom, phone or email, to give you personalised support.
- You will complete the 3 workbooks online and send them to your tutor for marking and feedback. This can be delivered via Zoom, telephone or email.
- Once you have successfully completed your workbooks you will be invited to AMTD training Centre where you will deliver you Micro teach sessions in front of your Tutor and other learners on the programme.
- If you are taking this course to teach/train First aid you will need to have an up-to-date First Aid Qualification. You can teach anything that you have the skills knowledge and /or a qualification in. Qualifications are not always necessary to teach a subject but you would need to be able to provide evidence of your suitability to teach the subject. This could be a portfolio of evidence or witness statements to support your suitability.
- This qualification will be delivered mainly through Zoom so you will need access to a device that can support this.
- You do not need to download anything as you will be sent the joining instructions so there are no costs to you.
- You will have a group induction and then an individual induction.
- You will have 3 classroom zoom sessions – 1 for each unit.
- You will have as many one-to-one sessions and support sessions as you need – to be arranged between you and your Assessor Sarah.
- You will have a minimum of 2 workplace assessments.
- These may be recorded however if the assessor or IQA is not convinced that these recordings meet the required standard please be aware that more may be required. If your workplace is within a 20-mile radius of our centre then Sarah may choose to visit in person.
- You will complete your portfolio of evidence onlineYou will be encouraged and supported to complete this qualification in 8 weeks.
- You must make sure that you have access to 2 learners that you are able to assess. You must ensure that you are committed to completing this qualification and devoting the time to complete the worksheets, attend the virtual classes and organise your assessments
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Our Trainer is extremely knowledgeable, supportive and 100% accessible. I found the content easy to follow, fully inclusive and even in the middle of a pandemic we were able to learn as we should
Absolutely fantastic! Was easy learning and achieving by completing one unit at a time. Support offered throughout the course.
I loved the way this course was delivered. It was broken down into manageable sessions and assignments. The whole course has been really enjoyable and so professional!