Manual Handling Training Courses
See the general info. about our Manual Handling Training courses below.
Use the menu to view all of our individual courses.
Our Manual Handling Training courses:
Our Manual handling courses include the following:
What is Manual Handling?
Manual Handling” is defined as the transporting or supporting of a load (including lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving) by hand or by bodily force. The term “ Load ” is not limited to inanimate objects – it includes people (and animals). Source: The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 from legislation.gov.uk
Manual Handling Training benefits:
Here are some of the benefits of your employees completing our Manual Handling courses:
- You save money by training your own employees and not buying in training.
- Your training is specific to your organisation and to the people you care for.
- New employees are trained quickly in Manual Handling.
- Employees returning to work from illnesses can have a 1:1 update to make sure they are safe to work
- Your employees have fewer musculoskeletal injuries and time off work.
- Your employees feel cared for.
Unless otherwise stated for individual courses, all AMTD Manual Handling Training courses will take place at the AMTD Training Centre, Suite 7C, Saturn Centre, Challenge Way, Blackburn BB1 5QBView on Google Maps
- info on Manual Handling Training courses -
- We only deliver manual handling training courses to small groups, max number 4 – 6 ! This means that you will get lots of opportunity to practice your new skills and you will feel confident to discuss any bits of the course you are struggling with! During the programme you will put together your manual handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete a Micro Teach session. You get all the resources you need for the course, just bring your motivated self! We will feed and water you all day, just let us know of any dietary issues on your booking form.
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- Registered Care managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers.
- This is a practical course so you must be physically fit enough to complete simulated manual handling
- Please tell me if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to do.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Some knowledge/experience of the health and social care sector is required.
- This is a 3 day course , all days 9.30 – 4.30 but on day one please arrive at 9am for admin
- You will be expected to partake fully in all procedures, assessments and individual work activities.
- The Manual Handling Operations regulations 1992 often referred to as MHOR 1992 set out a clear ranking of measures for dealing with risks from manual handling, these are:
- first: avoid hazardous manual handling operations so far as is reasonably practicable;
- second: assess any hazardous manual handling operations that cannot be avoided; and
- third: reduce the risk of injury so far as is reasonably practicable.
- There is a short multiple-choice exam – 15 questions
- You will complete a Risk assessment
- You will put together and deliver a Micro Teach on day 3
- Your Peers will also assess you ( better make friends with them quick! )
- You will complete a reflective account of your micro-teach session
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training- This is a first level teaching qualification run over 6 weeks through virtual classrooms using Zoom and just 1 face to face assessment day at our training centre- ideal if you wanted to extend the subjects you train eg First Aid either in your workplace or as a self employed Trainer! Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement- This a full assessing qualification delivered over 8 weeks using Zoom and face-to-face assessments in your workplace – ideal for assessing apprentices in the workplace or in College.
- All qualifications should be updated especially a qualification that contains practical skills! We look forward to welcoming you back in three years from the last day of your course to provide you with even more up-to-date information and practice. You will attend day 1 and 2 of the three day programme providing you an opportunity to meet other delegates from a variety of health and social care settings. Don’t worry we will contact you at least 3 months before with a gentle reminder and choice of dates for your peace of mind. Cost £295 pp
- The 3 main regulations associated with Manual Handling are the Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR 1992, Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations (LOLER) 1998, and Provision and Use of Work Place Equipment regulations ( PUWER) 1998
- You need to gain an accredited qualification such as the QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers, then maintain your skills and knowledge to ensure your training is always current and valid. If you feel that you need more knowledge and support as a Trainer then you could look at acquiring the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.