Online course provided by Protrainings
The Trainer: Alison Meadows
Alison Meadows is a First Aid and Moving and Handling Trainer, IQA First Aid and Moving and Handling Courses
Having worked for many years as a qualified nurse specialising in Orthopaedics and Spinal Injuries I gained a BA Hons then a PGCE and qualified as a teacher in 2002…
Course content overview:
- 1-year nationally recognised certificate
- 11 hours and 38 minutes of engaging video training
- Video access for 8 months
- Printable wall certificate
- CPD time credit conformation
- Includes manual & other downloads
- Free weekly video refresher
- Evidence Based Training certificate
- Videos include subtitles.
This Care Certificate course covers the knowledge-based units and includes 15 standards and recommendations set out by the Health Education England, Skills for Care and Skills for Health and is designed for all new employees. The course is mapped and covers all of the required Knowledge-Based Units and delegates will be provided with full evidence-based learning statements to document the learning process during the course, this is in addition to the final exam.
In addition to events and workshops, a suite of materials will be made freely available for employers to download and use to support them in implementing the Care Certificate.
The benefits of this course:
The Care Certificate is a requirement for all staff beginning their career in the care sector, ideally, it should be completed before starting work and must be completed within twelve weeks from the commencement of employment. This course is also suitable for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge.
Health Education England, Skills for Care, and Skills for Health made a number of recommendations which were agreed by the Department of Health Governance Assurance Board:
- The 15 standards should remain, subject to some amendments
- Individuals will need to complete all 15 standards to be awarded the Care Certificate
- The Certificate should be prioritised by employers for “new staff, new to care”
- 12 weeks will remain as the guidance timeframe for a full-time individual to complete the Care Certificate
- The minimum level of quality assurance of the Care Certificate, and the certification itself will be the responsibility of employers.
The cost of this course: £24.95 per person (+vat) – Payable to Protrainings
- more info on our Care Sector courses -
- Level 1 and Level 2 courses can be delivered on the same day with level 1 learners completing 3 hours in the morning and level 2 learners completing an additional 3 hours in the afternoon.
Adults The purpose of the Level 1 and 2 Awards for Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social care is for candidates to understand the key principles of safeguarding adults. The qualification is aimed at those working in the health and social care sector and has been mapped against standard 10 of the Care certificate. This qualification prepares Learners for employment within the health and social care setting however can also be undertaken by those already working in the sector as part of continual professional development.
Children and Young People The 3 or 6 hour fully accredited qualifications are delivered face to face you will take a multiple choice exam at the end of the day. You will receive all learning resources, excellent teaching and a certificate . The Level 1 and 2 Awards in safeguarding children and young people are fully accredited qualifications. They provide those working with children and young people the knowledge of how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. This qualification could support a role working with children and young people in a variety of settings.
Useful Links Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 (publishing.service.gov.uk) Understanding the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 - PubMed (nih.gov) Department for Education (publishing.service.gov.uk)
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
Very professional and delivered to high standards. Alison's teaching ability, style and subject knowledge were high class and she made everyone on the course feel welcome. Thank you AMTD
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgeable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days. Thank you!
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive and ensured we understood what was expected. She has made me feel confident in my future training!
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge.