Level 3 Award in Education and Training ( Train the Trainer) accredited by QNUK .
This course is delivered by Alison Meadows RN ONC BA Hons PGCE a qualified and experienced Teacher who will provide all the support you need to be successful.
We are adapting and changing in response to demand! Learners want to learn in the safety of their own homes therefore we are delivering the majority of this course virtually using Zoom!
Will this qualification enable me to train? Yes! It is an ideal qualification for workplace trainers or self employed trainers
It is a knowledge-based teaching/ training qualification and there is no teaching practice requirement, and therefore, you can take this qualification even if you are not currently in a teaching or
This qualification replaces the old level 3 & 4 Preparing to teach in the Lifelong learning Sector( PTLLS)
Who can do this course?
- You are not currently teaching or training but want a career change
- You are currently teaching and training but do not have a recognised teaching qualification
- You are currently working as an Assessor but want to do more training/teaching
Here’s what our latest group thought about their Level 3 AET programme:
Our Trainer is extremely knowledgeable, supportive and 100% accessible. I found the content easy to follow, fully inclusive and even in the middle of a pandemic we were able to learn as we should– Adele- Workplace trainer Health and Social Care Agency
Absolutely fantastic! Was easy learning and achieving by completing one unit at a time. Support offered throughout the course- Sarah- Professional Dog Groomer
I loved the way this course was delivered. It was broken down into manageable sessions and assignments. The whole course has been really enjoyable and so professional! Melanie – Recruitment Professional
What entry requirements do I need to take this course?
- You must be at least 19
- You should have a reasonable level of English Maths and IT
- If you are gaining this qualification to teach First Aid you need to have an up to date First Aid at Work qualification or have some previous experience of First Aid with a commitment to complete the First Aid at Work before practicing as a First Aid Trainer.
What subjects will I be able to teach when I have this qualification?
If you are taking this course to teach/train First aid you will need to have an up to date First Aid Qualification.
You can teach anything that you have the skills knowledge and /or a qualification in. Qualifications are not always necessary to teach a subject but you would need to be able to provide evidence of your suitability to teach the subject. This could be a portfolio of evidence or witness statements to support your suitability.
How do I complete the course ?
- You have up to 6 weeks to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- 5 x 2 hour virtual classes and 1 Assessment day at AMTD Training Centre Suite 7C Saturn Centre Challenge Way Blackburn BB1 5QB just off Junction 6 M65
- You complete the 3 work books at home in your own time.
- The work books are clear and easy to understand.
- Sources of support for each criteria
- You use the text book we send at the start of the course to support your learning
- You will have 5 x 2 hour Zoom sessions with your tutor and other students this is called a virtual classroom.
- You will also have as many one to one sessions with your tutor as you need via Zoom, phone or email, to give you personalised support.
- You will complete the 3 work books online and send them to your tutor for marking and feedback. This can be delivered via Zoom, telephone or email.
- Once you have successfully completed your work books you will be invited to AMTD training Centre where you will deliver you Micro teach sessions in front of your Tutor and other learners on the programme.
What do I need to complete the Course ?
You will need WIFI, access to a device that can download Zoom for your virtual classrooms and one to one support sessions such as Phone , I Pad, Lap top or desk top computer. All your workbooks can be completed online. In special circumstances we can provide paper copies but this will incur an additional cost to cover printing and postage.
Start Dates for 2021 are: Request a booking form- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tues 26th January 2021
- Tues 9th March 2021
- Tuesday 25th May 2021
- Wed 21st July 2021
- Wed 22nd September 2021
- Tues 2nd November 2021
We have been able to significantly reduce the cost of this course and can offer the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and training at the amazing price of £340
If you would like to start your journey to becoming a Trainer or would like to discuss the course please call Alison on 07915609788 or email email@example.com to request a booking form
What is the content of the course?
There are 3 mandatory units to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training ( 12 Credits )
- Unit 1 – Understanding the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Unit 2 – Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 3 – Understanding assessment in education and training
How will I be assessed ?
You will complete 3 work books for the knowledge part of the programme
Then for the practical Micro teach day you will complete:
- Lesson plan
- Peer assessments
- Reflective Journal
- A micro teach session on a subject of your choice
The Practical Guide to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training which we will send via post once your booking is confirmed.
What can I do after this course?
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Delegates for this course are from all over the UK so here are some links to local hotels
Marstons Inn at The Willows Blackburn Marstons Blackburn distance from Beehive -200 yards across the road BB12NG Tel 01254 677468
Travel Lodge Blackburn Travel lodge Blackburn Distance from Beehive -2.7 miles – 6 minutes BB30AT Tel 08719 846122
Premier Inn Blackburn Premier Inn Blackburn Distance from Beehive – 2.7 miles – 5 minutes BB30SN