QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers
Fully Accredited with QNUK
About me – The trainer
I started my nurse training at North Manchester General in the 1983 when there were no hoists or lifting equipment and we manually lifted patients! I’ve got the back pain to prove it too! I went onto specialise in Orthopeadics at Oswestry and later worked on a spinal unit in Australia. I’ve worked in management in care homes then ( weird career change) took a Business degree followed by a Cert Ed then became a college lecturer ! I have been teaching manual handling for over 20 years and I love it ! If you want to know more about me you can scroll to the bottom of the page for qualifications, experience and other stuff .
I have a very clear vision of how my training benefits the delegates that attend this 3 day course.
They leave confident , motivated, with up to date skills and knowledge in moving people safely and supporting staff to stay safe.
What about the benefits to you and your organisation though?
- You save money by training your own employees and not buying in training.
- Your training is specific to your organisation and to the people you care for.
- New employees are trained quickly.
- Employees returning to work from illnesses can have a 1:1 update to make sure they are safe to work
- Your employees have less musculo-skeletal injuries and time off work.
- Your employees feel cared for.
You are probably thinking of lots more benefits because you know your organisation better than me!
How much will this cost me ?
£495 pp ( no vat ) if two people book on together there is a 10% discount off the cost of the second booking. This is payable before you attend the course but all you need to do to secure a place is request a booking form, we will invoice you later!
What else do you get in addition to a new workplace trainer?
Included in the price is a comprehensive trainer pack for you to use in your workplace, contains a 70 slide power point presentation, handouts, assessments and training records! In fact everything you need to train in your own workplace!
What’s different about our training?
I only deliver to small groups, max number 4 – 6 ! This means that you will get lots of opportunity to practice your new skills and you will feel confident to discuss any bits of the course you are struggling with ! During the programme you will put together your moving and handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete a Micro Teach session.
You get all the resources you need for the course, just bring your motivated self!
We will feed and water you all day, just let us know of any dietary issues on your booking form
We deliver this course at our own fully equipped training Centre Church near Blackburn. Address and directions below
AMTD Training Centre – Suite 7C Saturn Centre Challenge Way Blackburn BB1 5QB – we are just off Junction 6 M65
How can I book? Easy!
- Ask for a booking form- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07915609788 or use our contact us page.
- Complete and return the booking form with the dates you prefer and any dietary issues.
- I will contact you to confirm your booking and invoice you
- I will send you a gentle reminder a week before your chosen date.
Dates and Venues
Who does this qualification?
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- Registered Care managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers
Here’s what some recent delegates had to say about the QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers
I have absolutely loved this course with Alison, it far exceeded any expectations I had beforehand! She is extremely knowledgable and created a comfortable learning environment. Brilliant 3 days – thank you Debbie Bewley – Registered Nurse at My Life March 2021
Excellent course, pleased I made the trip over from the North East. Alison makes everyone feel relaxed and welcomed. She showed excellent teaching skills. She is personable and her knowledge and leadership are excellent! Ray Duell Safety Trainer – Ray Duell Associates March 2021
Alison is a lovely and approachable lady. She has been supportive throughout and ensured that we understood what was expected. She has a broad range of knowledge and has made me feel confident in my future training! Jenny Hughs – Registered Nurse and Registered Social Worker- Homecare Direct March 2021
Thank you for a lovely 3 days. I’ve come away with much more knowledge– Harriet Cuming Trainer at Home Instead Ormskirk Nov 2020
A few things you need to be aware of : Please read
- This is a practical course so you must be physically fit enough to complete simulated manual handling
- Please tell me if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to do.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Some knowledge/experience of the health and social care sector is required.
- This is a 3 day course , all days 9.30 – 4.30 but on day one please arrive at 9am for admin
- You will be expected to partake fully in all procedures, assessments and individual work activities.
This is the main programme Content – Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers:
- Unit 1 Principles of safer people handling
- Unit 2 Applying the principles of safer moving and handling within the health and social care sector
- Unit 3 Delivering Inclusive safer people moving and handling training sessions
How will I be assessed?
- There is a short multiple choice exam – 15 questions
- You will complete a Risk assessment
- You will put together and deliver a Micro Teach on day 3
- Your Peers will also assess you ( better make friends with them quick! )
- You will complete a reflective account of your micro teach session
You are not doing any of these assessments without being fully supported by me – Don’t worry, that’s why we have small class sizes !
What could I do after this course ?
Level 3 Award in Education and Training- This is a first level teaching qualification run over 6 weeks through virtual classrooms using Zoom and just 1 face to face assessment day at our training centre- ideal if you wanted to extend the subjects you train eg First Aid either in your workplace or as a self employed Trainer!
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement- This a full assessing qualification delivered over 8 weeks using Zoom and face to face assessments in your workplace – ideal for assessing apprentices in the workplace or in College
Do I need to update this qualification?
All qualifications should be updated especially a qualification that contains practical skills ! We look forward to welcoming you back in three years from the last day of your course to provide you with even more up to date information and practice. You will attend day 1 and 2 of the three day programme providing you an opportunity to meet other delegates from a variety of health and social care settings.
Don’t worry we will contact you at least 3 months before with a gentle reminder and choice of dates for your peace of mind. Cost £295 pp
Our Quality Team !
Sarah Mault and Val Shaughnessy
Delegates that attend this course have come from as far north as Aberdeen and as far south as Portsmouth!
If you are travelling to us from a distance you may need this information :
Nearest train stations : Blackburn
Nearest Hotels –
Hampton by Hilton– half a mile
Dunkenhalgh hotel and spa- 2.7 miles
Premier Inn Blackburn Town Centre-2.5 miles
Marstons Inns The Willows Junction 5 M65- 4 miles
Travelodge Junction 4 M65 – 5.6 miles
More about me – not that you’re nosey or anything?!
I am a registered Nurses and qualified in 1986 ( heck I’m old! ) from North Manchester General Hospital
Staff Nurse at Ancoats Hospital Orthopeadic wards and A & E
I qualified in Orthopedic Nursing in 1988 from ( Longest Hospital name ever! ) The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopeadic Hospital Oswestry
Sister Spinal Unit at Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney Australia – What a great year!
Next 8 years Matron of 2 care homes
BA Hons Business at Hudderfield University- Lots of agency work during this time to pay the bills!
Occupational Health Nurse at Rolls Royce Barnoldswick
Post Graduate cert Ed – Bolton Institute – More agency work!
College Lecturer at Blackburn College 4 years
College Lecturer Runshaw College Adults – 7 years
ROSPA level 4 qualification Moving People safely 2013
Own business set up 2007 – part time at first then full time from 2015
Delegates on this QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers – Manual Handling- Train the Trainer course travel from Blackburn, Preston, Manchester,Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Knutsford, Liverpool, Chester, Lancaster, Morecombe, Blackpool, Clevelys, Fleetwood, Clitheroe ,Nelson, Colne, Skipton, Burnley,Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire , North Yorkshire .