The purpose of the Level 2 Award for Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social care is for candidates to understand the key principles of safeguarding adults. The qualification is aimed at those working in the health and social care sector and has been mapped against standard 10 of the Care certificate.
This qualification prepares Learners for employment within the health and social care setting however can also be undertaken by those already working in the sector as part of continual professional development.
The 6 hour fully accredited qualification is delivered face to face by Judith Ashton ( More about Judith below ) you will take a multiple choice exam at the end of the day. You will receive all learning resources, excellent teaching and a certificate .
What does the Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Adults cover ?
At the end of the day you will be able to :
Understand the principles of safeguarding adults at risk in health and social care
- Define key terms including: • Safeguarding • Harm • Restrictive practices
- Identify key principles of legislation, codes of practice and policies which relate to the safeguarding of adults at risk
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of those safeguarding and protecting individuals
- Be able to identify those at risk from harm
- Outline why an individual may be vulnerable to harm or abuse
- List common types of abuse
- Identify the characteristics of different types of abuse
- Know how to reduce the likelihood of abuse in health and social care
- Describe how to promote an individual’s dignity and rights
- Explain the importance of individualised, person centred care 3.3 Identify ways in which individuals can be supported in keeping themselves safe.
- Identify sources of information and advice related to the prevention and protection of individuals
- Know how to respond to suspicion or reports of abuse
- Explain how to report cases of suspected abuse
- List agencies with which information may be shared
- Outline the importance of multi-agency work
Judith Ashton – Our Experienced Safeguarding Trainer
I started working in the early years sector in 1996, and quickly developed a passion for safeguarding children and young people to make an impact on children’s lives. I have worked in management and safeguarding for health and social care and childcare for over 20 years, then due to family circumstances I made the career change and 8 years ago, I developed a training and development consultancy supporting settings with safeguarding and operational planning. During this time, I completed a PGCE in teaching and education in the Lifelong learning, and consequently have been working for two large organisations, delivering training packages and supporting smaller companies throughout. As an established tutor with a wide range of experiences throughout my career, I am able to share good practices and examples within the training to support learning.
Where will I complete the Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Adults?
This training is delivered at our welcoming AMTD Training Centre, Suite 7c Saturn Centre Challenge Way Blackburn BB1 5QB
What will the Qualification cost ?
If you are an organisation looking to send a group of up to 12 learners the cost will be £500 per group ( No Vat ) please contact us to discuss group bookings on email@example.com or 07915609788
If you are looking to book yourself onto this course the cost will be £90 pp ( No Vat )