Fire Warden/ Marshall – Fire Safety level 2 (QCF)
QA Level 2 Award
Did you know that breaches of fire safety laws can result in unlimited fines and imprisonment?
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety(QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The fire triangle
- Hazards during and after a fire
- Fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Principles of extinguishing fires
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems
- Fire safety laws
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Contents of a fire safety briefing
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
£300 for full day course for up to 8 people
All successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
Meet The Team
Having worked for many years as a qualified nurse specialising in Orthopaedics and Spinal Injuries I qualified as a teacher in 2002 and worked in the adult sector delivering a variety of Public service and Public sector programmes. I established AMTD in 2007 to deliver high quality First Aid and Moving and Handling training. We work with awarding organisations to ensure quality of provision for our customers who range from Industry to the Care sector, Schools and Colleges. I am proud of the reputation and relationships we have built and pledge our commitment to continuing to provide good value quality training. Our delegates tell us they enjoy the training and feel confident to use their new skills !