Level 2 Moving People Safely – 1 day course
The QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of health and social care environments such as care homes.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of safe handling and how to apply these in their workplace. They will also practise a range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course
confident in the safe moving and handling of people.
- This programme is delivered by Alison Meadows who is a Level 4 ROSPA trained Manual Handling Practitioner
- Accredited with Qualsafe Awards
- Assessment is through a Multiple Choice assessments
- Costs for Up to 12 people per session delivered at your workplace- £425
- This course consists of 3 hour theory in the morning with 3 hour practical skills session in the afternoon followed by a short multiple choice test
What’s covered during the day ?
Common manual handling injuries
Responsibilities of employers and employees
Manual handling laws
Risk assessments and risk control hierarchy
Potential impact to a person if moved incorrectly
Personal handling plans
Ways to preserve dignity, health and safety when moving a
Manual handling and the musculoskeletal system, including:
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system
Key movement principles when moving a person
Aids and equipment used to move people and objects:
• Types of aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing
• Solo moving of people and objects
• Team moving of people and objects
• Using aids and equipment
You can use one of these methods to book this course or discuss your requirements :
- call Alison on 07915609788
- Email email@example.com
- Click HERE to use the contact us page to request a call back or a booking form
We cover the following areas, Lancashire, North Yorkshire, Gtr Manchester, Cumbria, Liverpool and Merseyside areas.