Level 2 Moving People Safely – 1 day course
The QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of health and social care environments such as care homes.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of safe handling and how to apply these in their workplace. They will also practise a range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course
confident in the safe moving and handling of people.
- This programme is delivered by Alison Meadows who is a Level 4 ROSPA trained Manual Handling Practitioner
- Accredited with Qualsafe Awards
- Assessment is through a Multiple Choice assessments
- Cost£90 pp No VAT
- Group price up to 10 people per session delivered at your workplace or our training centre – £425 Conditions apply- contact us on email@example.com 07915609788
- Can be delivered at your workplace if you have a suitable room with equipment and are within 20 miles of BB1 due to costs of Trainer travel
- We can deliver this course off site at our fully equipped Training Centre in Blackburn
- This course consists of 3 hour theory in the morning with 3 hour practical skills session in the afternoon followed by a short multiple choice test
What’s covered during the day ?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Manual handling laws
- Risk assessments and risk control hierarchy
- Potential impact to a person if moved incorrectly
- Personal handling plans
- Ways to preserve dignity, health and safety when moving a
- Manual handling and the musculoskeletal system, including:
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Key movement principles when moving a person
- Unsafe manoeuvres
- Aids and equipment used to move people and objects:
- Types of aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Solo moving of people and objects
- Team moving of people and objects
- Using aids and equipment
We cover the following areas, Lancashire, North Yorkshire, Gtr Manchester, Cumbria, Liverpool and Merseyside areas.