Safer moving and handling of people
The aim of this course is to ensure the health and safety of service users and carers by providing effective training in moving and handling loads.
Delivered by a ROSPA approved registered nurse with level 4 Safer Moving and Handling of People
Duration and Format
This is a 6 hour programme usually delivered over 1 day
Course Content Students will at the end of the session
- understand the legislation surrounding moving and handling practice and equipment
- be able to demonstrate the effective movement principles of good moving and handling
- Controversial moving and handling
- Have a basic understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the spine
- be able to discuss and problem solve challenges relevant to their workplace
Assessment Guidelines and Student Resources
There is no formal assessment for this programme. Students will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance from AMTD
Summary Students will gain practical skills and knowledge aimed at keeping service users and themselves safe.
Cost £50 pp or £300 per session maximum 8 per session , delivered in your workplace using your equipment