Aims To provide carers with an understanding of the challenges faced by people with diabetes and to provide support in the care environment.
Duration and Format
This is a 3 hour programme usually delivered over 1 morning, afternoon or evening
- What is Diabetes and the different types of diabetes
- Management of diabetes
- Dietary issues of diabetes
- Signs and symptoms of hyperglyceamia and hypoglycaemia
- First aid measures for a diabetic emergency
- Consequences of poor management of diabetes
Assessment Guidelines and Student Resources
There is no formal assessment for this programme. Students will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance from AMTD
Summary carers will return to the workplace with a clearer understanding of the condition and the part they have in supporting the service user
Cost £30 pp or £250 per session maximum 10 people delivered in your workplace.
To book this course or discuss your requirements call Pat on 07915 60978 or e mail email@example.com
AMTD is an TQUK approved centre
We are an approved training provider for LWDP