Forestry First Aid Course +F (QAR)
2 Hour add-on
Meet Our First Aid TrainersMeet The Team
Forestry First Aid Course Content Overview:
Forestry First Aid Course details:
- Recognition and management of:
- Catastrophic bleeding
- Crush Injury
- Extremes of body temperature
- Lyme disease.
- 1 practical on catastrophic bleeding
- 1 short multiple-choice paper.
- Entry requirements. Learners must:
- Be at least 14 years old
- Hold or be working towards a regulated first aid qualification (minimum 1-day course), prior to certification.
The benefits of the Forestry First Aid Course:
Forestry First Aid Course benefits:
- Provides additional skills and knowledge for those working in the high-risk sectors of Forestry and Agriculture or just lone working in remote environments.
- This is a 2 hour add on to a 6 hour EFAW or the 18 hour FAW
- Certificates will display the additional qualification +F
- Additional cost is only £40!
Forestry First Aid Course Costs: £40 per person (no vat)*
*Added to either a 1-day EFAW or 3-day FAW booked through AMTD, students must accept a later finishing time. Please specify on enquiry or booking form that you require the additional programme as this needs to be booked through our awarding body prior to the course.
- more info on First Aid courses -
- All our courses are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers experienced in teaching and training and therefore the quality of our training is second to none! Our new training centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn. We have all the equipment required and then some!
- 1 Day EFAW = 6 Hours
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid= 12 Hours
- 3 Day FAW = The First aid at Work Qualification is gained in 3 full days of face-to-face contact with our Trainer. If you add in 2 x 15-minute breaks am and pm and a half hour lunch this means you will have a 7.5-hour day
- These are accredited courses and therefore there are multiple-choice tests in addition to practical assessments.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and the date is printed on your certificate.
- During this period, you are able to identify yourself as a First Aider when required and may have additional responsibilities in the workplace. If your certificate expires you will not be able to carry out those additional responsibilities or identify yourself as a First Aider until you complete a 2-day Requalification course*.
- See info on Requalification below*
- 1 Day EFAW = Yes, every 3 years you are required to complete the 1- day course again. This will provide an opportunity to refresh your skills and ensure your knowledge remains up to date.
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid = Yes, you will complete the 2 days again giving you the opportunity to refresh your skills and update your essential knowledge.
- 3 Day FAW = No, you do not have to repeat the 3 days again. You need to complete a 2-day requalification course within the expiry date on your certificate. AMTD will contact you before your expiry date to provide some dates of course on which you can complete the 2-day requalification.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
AMTD trained all our teaching assistants and it was excellent! We will only use AMTD for all our First Aid training needs, in terms of cost and quality they are unbeatable!
The tutor was very knowledgeable and she had lots of experience to bring to the course.
Very informative and could ask as many questions as we wanted. Thank you for all the information about specific children and areas that I was concerned about in school.
Alison was excellent, really enjoyed it and learned a lot!