Basic Life Support Training
1/2 Day Course
Meet Our First Aid TrainersMeet The Team
Basic Life Support training course content overview:
Following this 3-hour basic life support training programme students will be able to:
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and
effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
The benefits of our Basic Life Support training course:
Here are some of the benefts of the AMTD Basic Life Support course:
- You will learn essential life-saving skills
- You will confident at using your new skills if the situation should arise
- You will gain knowledge to support your new skills.
Basic life Support Training Costs: £35 per person (no vat)
£300 for a group of up to 12 people delivered at our training centre in Blackburn or at your centre .
- more info on First Aid courses -
- All our courses are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers experienced in teaching and training and therefore the quality of our training is second to none! Our new training centre is a welcoming and comfortable place to learn. We have all the equipment required and then some!
- 1 Day EFAW = 6 Hours
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid= 12 Hours
- 3 Day FAW = The First aid at Work Qualification is gained in 3 full days of face-to-face contact with our Trainer. If you add in 2 x 15-minute breaks am and pm and a half hour lunch this means you will have a 7.5-hour day
- These are accredited courses and therefore there are multiple-choice tests in addition to practical assessments.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and the date is printed on your certificate.
- During this period, you are able to identify yourself as a First Aider when required and may have additional responsibilities in the workplace. If your certificate expires you will not be able to carry out those additional responsibilities or identify yourself as a First Aider until you complete a 2-day Requalification course*.
- See info on Requalification below*
- 1 Day EFAW = Yes, every 3 years you are required to complete the 1- day course again. This will provide an opportunity to refresh your skills and ensure your knowledge remains up to date.
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid = Yes, you will complete the 2 days again giving you the opportunity to refresh your skills and update your essential knowledge.
- 3 Day FAW = No, you do not have to repeat the 3 days again. You need to complete a 2-day requalification course within the expiry date on your certificate. AMTD will contact you before your expiry date to provide some dates of course on which you can complete the 2-day requalification.
Here’s what some recent delegates said about their experience:
AMTD trained all our teaching assistants and it was excellent! We will only use AMTD for all our First Aid training needs, in terms of cost and quality they are unbeatable!
The tutor was very knowledgeable and she had lots of experience to bring to the course.
Very informative and could ask as many questions as we wanted. Thank you for all the information about specific children and areas that I was concerned about in school.
Alison was excellent, really enjoyed it and learned a lot!