Level 3 Award in Education and Training ( Train the Trainer) accredited by Qualsafe Awards .
This course is delivered by Pat Scott BA Hons HND PGCE a qualified and experienced Teacher and First Aider who will provide all the support you need to be successful. Will this qualification enable me to teach?
Yes – This qualification will provide you with an introduction to teaching/training in the post 16 sector.
It is a knowledge-based teaching qualification and there is no teaching
practice requirement, and therefore, you can take this qualification even if you are not currently in a teaching or
This qualification replaces the old level 3 & 4 Preparing to teach in the Lifelong learning Sector( PTLLS)
Full Trainer Pack provided for each delegate to support you with your ongoing training.
This course is suitable for?
- If you are not currently teaching or training but want a career change
- If you are currently teaching and training but do not have a recognised teaching qualification
- If you are currently work as an Assessor but want to do more training/teaching.
What entry requirements do I need to take this course?
- You must be at least 19
- You should have a reasonable level of English Maths and IT
- If you are gaining this qualification to teach First Aid you need to have an up to date First Aid at Work qualification or have some previous experience of First Aid with a commitment to complete the First Aid at Work before practicing as a First Aid Trainer.
What subjects will I be able to teach when I have this qualification?
If you are taking this course to teach/train First aid you will need to have an up to date First Aid Qualification.
You can teach anything that you have the skills knowledge and /or a qualification in. Qualifications are not always necessary to teach a subject but you would need to be able to provide evidence of your suitability to teach the subject. This could be a portfolio of evidence or witness statements to support your suitability.
Where is this course delivered
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is delivered at The Beehive Lions Drive Blackburn BB12QS just off junction 5 M65 .
Dates for 2020 are:
- February 24th – 28th 2020
- June 1st – 5th 2020
- September 7th – 11th 2020
- November 30th – 4th Dec 2020
This a 5 day course and there are only 6 places per course. Cost is £550 pp ( no Vat ) 9.30am start- 5.30pm finish
If you would like a place on any of the courses above or would like to discuss the course please call Pat on 07915609788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
What is the content of the course?
There are 3 mandatory units to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training ( 12 Credits )
- Unit 1 – Understanding the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Unit 2 – Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 3 – Understanding assessment in education and training
How will I be assessed ?
You will complete a portfolio of evidence that will include:
- Session plan
- Session evaluations
- Peer assessments
- Learner workbooks
- 1 practical assessment- you will deliver a microteaching session observed by their peers and tutor .
It is possible for you to complete all the required assessments during the 5 day course either during class or in the evenings following class.
If you are unable to complete all the assessments in this time period then you have an additional four weeks following the course to complete and send the assessments electronically or by post to the tutor for assessment and feedback.
If you require additional one to one support this can be arranged. We will provide you with as much individual support as possible and for this reason we are only offering a maximum of 6 places per course.
In order to support your success we recommend you complete some pre course reading
The Practical Guide to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training which we will send via post once your booking is confirmed.
What can I do after this course?
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Delegates for this course are from all over the UK so here are some links to local hotels
Marstons Inn at The Willows Blackburn Marstons Blackburn distance from Beehive -200 yards across the road BB12NG Tel 01254 677468
Travel Lodge Blackburn Travel lodge Blackburn Distance from Beehive -2.7 miles – 6 minutes BB30AT Tel 08719 846122
Premier Inn Blackburn Premier Inn Blackburn Distance from Beehive – 2.7 miles – 5 minutes BB30SN