Fire Warden/ Marshall – Fire Safety level 2 (QCF)
QA Level 2 Award
Did you know that breaches of fire safety laws can result in unlimited fines and imprisonment?
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety(QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The fire triangle
- Hazards during and after a fire
- Fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Principles of extinguishing fires
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems
- Fire safety laws
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Contents of a fire safety briefing
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
£300 for full day course for up to 8 people
All successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
Meet The Team
"After serving as an operational Firefighter for 29 years I moved into First Aid / Fire training. This background of working with people, often in distressing circumstances, allied with the skills I acquired throughout my service, reinforce how valuable good training is in saving lives. These experiences now give me the ability to pass on this knowledge in an enjoyable and rewarding way."