Instructors Course Train the Trainer
3 Day Safer Moving and Handling of People
By completing this Instructors/ Train the trainer course in the safer moving and handling of people you will become a confident practioner, motivated to pass on the skills and knowledge you will gain on this fantastic, up to date and interactive 3 day programme.
Become an instructor and keep your employees, colleagues and patients safe and free from injury.
10% discount card for MILLERCARE for all successful delegates ! About your Trainer
This course is delivered by Alison Meadows who is a Registered Nurse, Qualified teacher to higher education level and Rospa trained level 4 Moving and Handling practitioner.
Alison also has a specialist qualification in Orthopaedic and Spinal injuries Nursing and has worked in two Spinal Injuries Units in England and Australia. She is a member of ROSPA, the National Back Exchange, the Royal College of Nursing and is insured with Hiscox Insurance
We are very proud to say that we are now a Training Qualifications UK centre and they have endorsed this fantastic programme!
Included in this price is a comprehensive trainer pack for you to use in your workplace, contains a 70 slide power point presentation, handouts, assessments and training records! In fact everything you need to train in your own workplace!
Quality Learning Experience
We only deliver to small groups, max number 4, for a quality learning experience! During the programme you will put together your moving and handling training programme and have the opportunity to complete an Instructing session.
You will be provided with all the resources you require for the programme and have the opportunity to improve your moving and handling skills and acquire new up to date skills!
Lunch and all refreshments provided- please advise us of any dietary issues on your booking form
Our training rooms are at Millercare Training and Service centre at Church near Blackburn where you will have access to a large range of moving and handling equipment and accessories. Address and directions below
Further information for Millercare Service Centre
How to Book
- Request a booking form- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07915609788 or use our contact us page.
- Complete and return the booking form with the dates and venue you prefer and any dietary issues.
- Alison will contact you to confirm your booking and invoice, you will also receive a gentle reminder a week before your chosen date.
Instructors Course Train the Trainer – Aims
- To gain relevant knowledge and competence in training others to safely move individuals in social care settings
- To gain skills required for training others in safer moving and handling of people
- To update/acquire knowledge and skills relating to legal, technical process or best practice changes/requirements
- To update continuing professional development in moving and handling
- Registered Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Team leaders
- Senior carers
- Previous Key Movers
This is a practical course, candidates must be physically fit enough to complete manual handling tasks on patients. Please inform the tutor if there are any moves that you feel you are unable to participate in. It is recommended that candidates wear appropriate flat shoes and loose fitting trousers.
- Various Health and Social care sector employees including:
- RegisteredCare managers
- Registered Nurses
- Care workers
- Key workers
- Personal assistants
- Social Care workers who can study at level 3
- Previous Key Movers
Programme Content – Instructors Course Train the trainer
- Unit 1 – Musculo- skeletal awareness of the spine
- Unit 2 – Rospa Efficient movement principles
- Unit 3 – Risk assessments
- Unit 4 -Controversial handling
- Unit 5 -Practical- safe moving and handling of people
- Unit 6 – Practical -use of aids for moving and handling safely
- Unit 7 – Training others, including, questioning techniques and group management
Duration and Format
- This is a 3 day Instructors course , all days 9.30 – 4.30, maximum number in group -4
- The methods of teaching will consist of the following combination: observation, group work, individual work, practical skills practice and tutor input and feedback. All delegates will be expected to partake fully in all procedures and individual work activities.
- Continual assessment of practical manual handling skills by trainer
- Completion of open book individual and group assessments , using self, peer and trainer assessments
- BTEC Level 4 Safer moving and handling of people
- Level 4 preparatory award in Education and Training
Nearest train stations : Church or Accrington both approx half a mile away
Nearest Hotels –
Dunkenhalgh hotel and spa
Premier Inn Blackburn South
Premier Inn Blackburn Town Centre
Our close affiliation with Millercare helps us to provide training using the latest equipment and a great space in which to learn. Millercare are a leading mobility and healthcare company with over 60 year’s experience and 14 stores across the north-west. They support people to live independently with improved quality of life by supplying products, services, advice and training.
Delegates on this Moving and Handling – Manual Handling- Instructors Course – Train the Trainer course travel from Blackburn, Preston, Manchester,Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Knutsford, Liverpool, Chester, Lancaster, Morecombe, Blackpool, Clevelys, Fleetwood, Clitheroe ,Nelson, Colne, Skipton, Burnley,Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire , North Yorkshire .