Aims To equip carers with the confidence and knowledge to care for all service user groups with stomas and catheters
Duration and Format This is a 3 hour programme usually delivered over 1 morning afternoon or evening.
Students will learn:
- basic anatomy and physiology of the body
- Importance of infection control measures
- Reasons for stomas and the different types of stomas
- Reasons for male and female catheterisation
- Practical care of stomas and catheters
Assessment Guidelines and Student Resources
There is no formal assessment for this programme. Students will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance from AMTD
Summary Students will learn through practical sessions and training from a registered experienced in stoma management
Cost £30pp or £250 per session maximum 10 people delivered in your workplace.
To book this course or discuss your requirements call Pat on 07915 60978 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
AMTD is an NCFE approved centre
We are an approved training provider for LWDP