Our Train the Trainer – First Aid is the Level 3 Award in Education and Training accredited by Qualsafe Awards .
This qualification is designed to provide Learners with an introduction to teaching/training in the further
education and skills sector. It is a knowledge-based teaching qualification which has no minimum teaching
practice requirement, and therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not currently in a teaching or
This qualification replaces the old level 3 & 4 Preparing to teach in the Lifelong learning Sector( PTLLS)
This course is suitable for :
- Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice
other than microteaching
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession
- Individuals currently working as Assessors who want to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching
- Learners must be at least 19
- Learners should have a reasonable level of English Maths and IT
- Learners should have an up to date First Aid at Work qualification or have some previous experience of First Aid with a commitment to complete the First Aid at Work before practicing as a First Aid Trainer.
Venue and Dates
The Train the Trainer First Aid – Level 3 Award in Education and Training will be delivered at The Beehive Lions Drive Blackburn BB12QS just off junction 5 M65 .
Dates for 2018 are
- May 14th – 18th
- June 25th – 29th
- Sept 10th -14th
- Nov 26th – 30th
This a 5 day course and there are 8 places per course. Cost is £595 pp ( no Vat )
If you would like a place on any of the courses above or would like to discuss the course please contact us by phone 07915609788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
There are 3 mandatory units to the Train the trainer – First Aid Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Unit 1 – Understanding the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Unit 2 – Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 3 – Understanding assessment in education and training
Learners will complete
- Session plan
- Session evaluation template
- Peer assessments
- 3 Learner workbooks
- 1 practical assessment . Each Learner must deliver a 15 minute microteaching session observed by their peers and tutor .
It is possible for students to complete their assessments during the 5 day course either during class or in the evenings following class.
If students are unable to complete all assessments in this time period then they have an additional four weeks following the course to complete and send the assessments electronically or by post to the tutor for assessment and feedback.
If students require additional one to one support this can be arranged. We will provide you with as much individual support as possible and for this reason we are only offering a maximum of 8 places per course.
This course is delivered by Pat Scott BA Hons HND PGCE a qualified and experienced Teacher and First Aider .
In order to support your success we recommend you complete some pre course reading
The Practical Guide to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training which we will send via post once your booking is confirmed.